How to Avoid "Back-to-School" Stress!
Wednesday , 6, August 2014
Seeing all the creative Facebook pictures, of children heading “Back to School,” started me thinking about suggestions to make daily preparations easier. Here are a few of the things my children and I tried to do to make getting ready for school less stressful:
- Clean out and check backpacks when the children arrive home–right away. This will help avoid late night surprises about field trips, monies owed, or assignments due the next day. (Also look for teacher”s notes and leftover food that may get nasty if it stays in backpacks!)
- Start a School Calendar and check it each day. Enter events on the calendar as they come up–that way you won”t forget about them!
- Try to make sure kids have at least a few minutes of fun, after-school “down time.” Just a few minutes of letting off steam helps improve attitudes!
- Lay out school clothing the night before–all necessary items from head to toe. (This online casino canada avoids last minute searches for hair bows or lost shoes.) Put sweaters, gloves, outerwear, projects, sports needs, and any other items that need to go to school by each child”s backpack in a designated place.
- Make/pack lunches the night before, as much as possible. I used to leave lunch-boxes in the refrigerator overnight. Stick a reminder note to backpacks about getting lunch-boxes out of the fridge.
Here is a link to the Coweta Fayette Families “School Daze” Pinterest Board.
For more ideas, check out this detailed guide from Cigna for Taking the Stress Out of Back to School.
What can YOU add? We want our Awesome Coweta Fayette Families” Moms to share YOUR FAVORITE Back-to-School Hacks?
Our blogger team will choose a winner, to win a $25.00 BP Gas Card, for the Most Creative Tip!