A few weeks ago Rachel did a post with tips for cooking with kids (read it here if you missed it). Inspired by that post, I thought it would be a great idea if we did a roundup of the best cookbooks geared toward children, so here we go!
1) The Disney Princess Cookbook– This book just looks adorable and the recipes are rated by level of difficulty, making it a great book for a multitude of ages. I can’t wait to try Princess Tiana’s recipes!
2) Better Homes and Gardens New Junior Cook Book– This cookbook is geared to ages 5-12 and the recipes are extremely easy for kids to follow. I’m a huge BHG fan so this book is a definite future purchase for our family.
3) My A to Z Recipe Box: An Alphabet of Recipes for Kids– What could be better than working on your alphabet while cooking! This book is especially great for connecting the Letter of the Week with snacktime. Full of fun recipes like Ants in Your Applesauce, Yummy Yogurt Parfait, and Tremendous Three-layer Dip and healthy too.
4) The Spatulatta Cookbook– For a slightly older crowd (9-12). This book won my heart since it includes a “Stone Soup” recipe.
5) Williams-Sonoma Kids in the Kitchen: Fun Food– This collection is for ages 8-11 and the recipes are fully illustrated step-by-step for early readers.