A Day in the Life {Chrissy}

Wednesday , 10, September 2014 Leave a comment

Chrissy is a (Newly) Work From Home Mom of two girls ages 3 and 6.  This is what a day in her life is like!

Day in the life chrissy edited



A day in my life… I’m not sure if there is a day from the past few weeks that would offer a true snapshot. As I have shared before, I have returned to the working world. After staying at home for three years, this has been quite an adjustment! To add to the craziness, I have taken a job in an exciting new field (cyber education), and it is like nothing I have ever done before. Currently, my days have been spent trying to juggle the duties of a working mom. I thought working from home would make that easier, but in many ways it has made it more challenging. Each day, I am working towards finding a healthy balance between work and home life (both of which are now in the same place!)

A “typical” day starts with firing up my computer to get a little work done before waking up my kiddos. Then, I get them dressed and fed. Most days, my hard-working hubby is already off to work before we wake up, so next I drop my first-grade daughter off at school and then my three-year-old daughter at our dear friend’s house (calling her our babysitter just does not describe how dear she is to us). This friend has a daughter the same age, so it works out perfectly – she takes them to preschool three days a week and lets them play to their hearts’ content on non-preschool days.

Once the drop-offs are complete, I have a quiet house that allows me to focus on my work. Depending on the day, I may be in meetings, teaching, training, compiling data, etc. – almost all of it online! I have made a few buddies that I talk to throughout the day, which actually makes it feel like working in a brick-and-mortar school in a way. I imagined that I would be able to fold laundry during meetings and my house would be pristine, but that isn’t really the way it has gone. Once it’s time for afternoon pick-up, my youngest is dropped off to me and I head to pick up my first-grader. At times, I have to fire up my mobile hotspot and attend meetings in carpool line – whatever works, right?

After I get back home, I usually let the girls have snack before homework time. Then, there’s a whole bunch of multi-tasking going on (homework and my work) until it’s time to start dinner or head to dance class, depending on the night. (Dance class nights are usually pizza night in this house – we are at the studio from 5:00 – 7:00, so there’s not really time for much else. Eventually, I would like to find a healthier option, but for now, this works!) After dinner, it’s bath and bedtime for the girls. After reading them a book and kissing them goodnight, I usually have to run upstairs to my office to complete a few things (sometimes for a few minutes… other times for a few hours). I try to keep the really long nights to a minimum because I like to hang out with my hubby – we usually watch whatever “our show” is at the moment to unwind after the girls go to sleep.

It can be taxing, but I must say that I love what I do! I have always loved a good challenge, which is why I decided to take on this new adventure. I have learned more in the past two months than I ever have at any job. I do miss my days of being a SAHM, but everything seems to be falling into place and I wouldn’t change a thing!

Facebooktwittergoogle_pluspinterestby feather



Please give us your valuable comment