Every year, thousands of people have to spend the holidays away from their families while protecting our country. A local radio show does something very cool to show appreciation for this sacrifice made by these amazing men and women. The Big Thank You is a campaign organized by the Bert Show each year that’s goal is to send a letter to EVERY soldier deployed outside of the United States for Thanksgiving Day. What a great way to show gratitude to these brave soldiers!
How you can help:
- Write a letter. (See submission guidelines below and on The Big Thank You website. Drop off locations can be found here.)
- Volunteer to help sort letters. Information can be found here. Scrolls towards the bottom of the page to sign up for a shift to help!
- Get your school or office involved! Find a printable flyer here.
Guidelines for letters (from The Big Thank You website):
- Each letter should be heartfelt, handwritten, original, and free of any political statements.
- All letters must be on 8.5” x 11” paper or smaller.
- Please do not use glue, tape, staples, cardboard, glitter or otherwise attach anything to the paper.
- You can decorate using crayons, markers, pens or pencils.
- NO construction paper.
- Use both sides if you like, but use one page per letter only.
- Please do not send greeting cards or photographs.
- Feel free to include your mailing and email address – sometimes military members will write back!
- Individual letters should not be sealed in envelopes.
- Please do not send anything except letters!
- We cannot accept donations of any kind, and they should not be included or attached to letters.