I had the awesome opportunity to hit up the Children’s Museum of Atlanta (for free, Thanks Jenny!) the other day. Eli and I had a great time, and I think you will to. Here are the top 5 reasons you should visit the Children’s Museum of Atlanta:
1. Your child will love it– Eli had so much fun at each of the different stations. Granted, it was the first time he has experienced anything like this before, but he lit up with enthusiasm at each new task. Whether it was dressing up like a fireman and looking at himself in the mirror, or building with giant legos!
2. You will love it because they do– Again, I am new to the whole ‘experience things through your child’s eyes’ thing, but I think most mammas are happier when their children are having a good time. I LOVED watching Eli gasp and squeal with excitement, and enjoyed helping him experience the parts that he needed my help with.
3. It is clean and well laid out– Not too big, not too small. It is that simple. All on one level. Clean bathrooms. Gold star in my book.
4. You can take your own lunch– We took a lunch to enjoy and decided to eat it on one of the many benches because the ‘cafeteria’ area had been overrun by a school field trip group. In the future when I pay to visit the museum, I will definitely take a lunch to save money!
5. Easily accessible– As long as you can make it to downtown Atlanta, you can find the Children’s museum. Just follow the signs to World of Coca-Cola and the Georgia Aquarium. Ample parking in the area for about 5 bucks.
So, next time a friend offers to take you to the Children’s Museum of Atlanta for free, clear your calendar! Or, if you have a free weekend and it fits in the budget, it is worth the price of admission. There is a coupon in the Georgia maps you can get at any Georgia welcome center that might help defray the cost. We plan to visit the museum again this summer. I think Eli and my husband would have a great time pretending to plant corn, and building with giant legos. It’s going to be so much fun!by