I don’t know about you, but having a toddler and a baby on the way means DH and I don’t get as much adult conversation and time together as we used to. Now that we have moved closer to family and have grandparents who are constantly asking us when they can watch their grandbaby, we have the child care we need but still, finding time and inexpensive places to go is still pretty difficult. Here are some of our ideas for date nights, some of which we have found time for and some of which are still on our hit list.
1. AMC Fork & Screen (Buckhead)- We went here for our anniversary last year and loved it. The hubster went online and cashed in some of our credit card reward points for AMC giftcards, which made this splurge completely affordable. It was so nice to get to munch on good food and great dessert that we didn’t have to cook while watching a movie that didn’t involve Elmo or any cartoon characters. For more details and showtimes, click here.
2. Branch & Vine– This olive oil and vinegar shop just opened up a new location in Peachtree City (they have a Newnan location as well) and my in-laws gifted us with a few bottles of their products, which are amazing. The store also does free tastings, which to a pregnant lady like me sounds like a great date idea. All the sophistication of a wine tasting, without the alcohol I can’t have for the next few months. For details and access to their event calendar, check out their website: Branch & Vine.
3. Fun Junction USA– It used to be Dixieland and they have putt-putt, a coaster, a carousel, a ferris wheel, and other fun attractions. It’s a pay per ride and no admission fee means you can make your own budget. I vote ditch the munchkins and take your love and make a day of being kids yourself. http://funjunctionusa.com/
4. Catch a Show! Check out a local theatre production at Legacy Theatre, the Newnan Community Theatre, the Fox Theatre, or any of the other numerous theaters in the Atlanta and South of Atlanta area. TheatreAtlanta is another great resource to find out what shows are playing in the area.
5. Hit some night time events at Atlanta Landmarks Not going to lie, many of the suggestions in this one are made by my husband. He wants to try out some of the local breweries like Red Brick Brewing Co, SweetWater Brewing Co, and Monday Night Brewing, all of which are located in Atlanta. He also suggested going to a Braves game or other local sporting event, visiting the High Museum for Friday Night Jazz (every 3rd Friday of the month), or catching a concert at The Fred in Peachtree City.