It is Sum Sum Summer time! Now that most of our kiddos are out of school it is time to venture out and enjoy all that the Atlanta area has to offer. Whether you are entertaining out of town guests, or just looking for something to do with your favorite group of kiddos, this list should give you plenty to do. Enjoy your summer in the Peach State!
1. Spend a morning with the animals at The Atlanta Zoo
2. Use your imagination at Imagine it!, Atlanta’s Children’s Museum
3. Go to the dolphin show at the Georgia Aquarium.
4. Have some fun at Six Flags.
5. Make beautiful art at Bubbles & Brushes in Newnan
6. Pick up a new toy and then enjoy the indoor playcenter at Shenanigan Toys in Peachtree City
7. Enjoy a late night at Starlight drive-in movie theatre.
8. Cool off in the Centennial fountains
9. Take Dad to Superhero Day at Fernbank (June 16)
10. Your toddler can enjoy Toddler Thursdays at the High Museum of Art
11. Splash in the Legacy Fountain at Piedmont Park
12. Spend an afternoon at the Tellus Science Museum
13. Visit the Imaginary Worlds at Atlanta Botanical Gardens
14. Strawberry picking (followed by strawberry eating) at Adams farm
15. Work on your Putting skills at Fun Junction USA
16. School aged kids can get a coupon for free bowling at The Fun Bowl here
17. Catch The Wizard of Oz as an interactive musical at many local libraries. Full listing here.
18. Tarzan @ The Legacy Theatre in Tyrone July 12-Aug 4
19. Take a trip Dekalb Farmers Market. Take a list of all of your ‘difficult to find’ ingredients. They have EVERYTHING!
20. Explore the PTC Farmer’s Market.
21. 4th of July Fireworks over Lake Peachtree, with free Barbecue at First Baptist Peachtree City!
22. Take a picnic and watch the free laser show at Stone Mountain Park.
23. Brave the heat and Take the family to an Atlanta Braves game.
24. Make the trek to Whitewater Atlanta water park! It is a fun family day, and the kids will enjoy and exhausted sleep all the way home!
25. Enjoy FREE family “Moovie Nights” sponsored by Chick-fil-A at the Southern Ground Amphitheater in Fayetteville.